This Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe is one for the books! It is simple, delicious, and one your family will request on a regular basis!
Original Recipe Source: https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/crispy-honey-garlic-chicken/
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise and pounded to an even thickness to make four cutlets
- 2 large eggs, beaten + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika regular is fine if you don’t have smoked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring honey, soy sauce, and garlic to a boil. Stir cornstarch into the cold water, then whisk into boiling honey sauce until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a wide, shallow dish together the flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a second shallow dish whisk together eggs and 1 tablespoon water. Dredge the chicken in the egg wash, then in the flour mixture, tossing to coat all sides of the chicken.
- Pour oil in a large skillet and bring to temperature over medium heat. Cook chicken in the oil , 4-5 minutes on each side, until crispy on the outside and cooked through in the middle.
- Toss chicken in the honey garlic sauce, coating all sides very well. Serve immediately.